Kalafina 25 weeks challenge: Week 7

The topic of this week's (or year's in my case, I told you I was bad at weekly challenges...) is



Something you like about Wakana (can't say everything)


Wakana, for me, was for a long time 'just someone who was there'. Like I wrote in Week 5, Keiko had been everything for me for a long time, I didn't pay any special attention to others. I knew Wakana was there, she had a great voice, her high notes were surely the work of angels, and she was gorgeous, but my interest in her wasn't spiked until four or so years ago when I decided to really pay attention to everyone in Kalafina equally. 

When I think about Wakana, the first thing that pops up in my head is definitely her voice...duh... Who would have thought, right? But really, her voice has that tragic quality that gives Kalafina's song it's devastating and sad tone. I remember in one interview Kajiura said that Wakana's voice is like windpipes, perfect for tragedies. And yes, that's completely true! When she sings in that epic voice of hers, I get vivid sad and touching images in my head, be it about separated lovers, someone saying goodbye to a place or a person, or just general unfairness of this world. Heck, even when she sings about meadows full of blooming flowers, I want to cry!

The video I was talking about is here:


Examples of my favourite songs including epic notes by Wakana dearest
1] Obbligato (3:53, Consolation LIVE audio)


2] Fairytale (basically the whole song has this magical atmosphere thanks to Wakana's voice)


3] Who would have guessed it, Red Moon! No, really, Red Moon has that tragic and soul-tearing sound exactly because of Wakana's heaven sent voice




Now, what else I love about her is her secret dorkiness, and of course her love for sharks! It's so cute! I mean, sharks aren't generally well loved animals, but she loves the so much and with such passion, you simply have to love her for her love of sharks

Source
Source
Source
She has a really interesting expression when she's not smiling, not doing anything. She's not expressionless, she has this soft look, like she's calling for you to come closer, almost like she's from a fairytale and she's inviting you.



Source

Source

She's really sweet to other members! Be it on or off stage, she loves Keiko and Hikaru and everybody can see it! I like people that are able to show their emotions freely ♥

Source
Source
Source


Source
Her smile!!!
Source
Source
All in all, she is a gentle ray of sunshine, lady that I would love to meet in person. I really love how she is the 'mother' of the group, she is my inspiration when it comes to practicing quiet kindness and gentle ladiness ♥

Share:

0 comments